JOB TITLE: Engineer, Network Security Software
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Clearance Requirement: Yes (US Citizenship is a prerequisite)
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Number of Openings: 1
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS locations or customer sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, a leader in government telecommunications and network integration, is seeking an Engineer, Network Security Software for our Florham Park, NJ location.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide.
We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Independently perform research, design and software development of next generation cybersecurity capabilities for modern telecommunications networks. This includes the study of the security profile of various aspects of Mobile, IP, and transport networks for both classified and unclassified programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Research solutions to challenging cyber security and computer networking problems
• Design, implement and unit test software solutions as an individual or as part of a small team
• Architect and design IP networks for various programs
• Identify and evaluate security strengths and weaknesses
• Give presentations and demonstrations to customers
• Interact and develop relationships with customers
• Collaborate with customers to identify new problems to solve
• Identify, create and propose new research projects
• Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
• Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as required
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance (US citizenship is a prerequisite)
• Computer science and networking background including knowledge in IP networking, cyber security and software development
• Architecture and design of secure communications networks, both conventional and wireless
(e.g., PSTN, ISP, UMTS, LTE).
Minimum Education and Experience:
• BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering and 4-6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
• Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.