Result oriented Sr. Manager with a History of building businesses; Successful record of increasing revenues and profitability; and High ratio for winning new contracts in the DoD and Federal markets. Managed the capture and development of RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs responses for opportunities ranging in size from $100 Million to over $1 Billion dollars. Participated in all phases of the capture process from Identification, qualification, capture, proposal development, submission, and follow-up in accordance with the Shipley Process for the DoD, Defense, Space, and Federal Civilian agencies in the SATCOM, Telecommunication, Aerospace, and Information Technology/Systems markets.
Comtech TCS formerly Telecommunication Systems Inc (2009 to Present)
Vice President, Strategic Capture – Responsible and accountable for identifying, qualifying, and winning new major competitive strategic captures over $100 M in the Telecommunication and Information Technology/Services DoD and Federal market.
- Established, executed, and managed a Major Capture Program in accordance with Shipley Capture Model.
- Assign and manage a team of Capture Managers that identify and qualify single awards over $100 M and multiple awards over $1 B.
- Developed a five (5) year pipeline of strategic qualified opportunities and suspects.
- Ensure all pursuit information was entered and accurately reflected in Sales Force.
- Developed and implemented Pursue No Pursue (PnP) presentations to qualify opportunities.
- Identify and coordinate the integration of Subject Matter Experts and functions (e.g., Contracts, Engineering, Finance, etc) to support the capture of opportunities.
- Developed and executed gap analysis, teaming strategies, customer contact plans, win strategies, competitive assessment, and pricing strategies to increase win probabilities.
- Developed teaming strategies with companies such as AT&T, Verizon, CSC, SRA, CACI, DRS, Dyncorp, URS, AECOM, CDW, Dell, Alion Science, ACET, Tampa Microwave, Trace, and numerous small businesses.
- Identified and documented customer’s key issues, concerns and “hot buttons” through direct customer contact and other resources.
- Leveraged internal and external resources and contacts for competitive analysis.
- Ensured solutions and pre-proposal strawman documents were developed and reviewed prior to release of the RFP.
- Participated in and managed all color reviews.
- Ensured proposal/orals/ENs were compliant, provided value added and incorporate win themes, discriminators, and program/customer insights.
- Contracts won include Prime roles on MSC NGW, GSA/DISA CS2, DHS Eagle II, Army GTACS, Army WCIS and subcontractor roles on GSA Connection II, Army CTS, Army R2-3G, Army Eagle, Army ITES 2 S, Army S3-2G, Spawar Pillars, and USAF Netcent II. Awaiting awards on ARMY RS3, GSA/DISA CS3, DISA ENCORE III and GSA EIS.
Self Employed (2003 to 2009)
Sr. Capture/Proposal Consultant – Assisted various clients with the Capture and Proposal development of DoD, Federal and Commercial opportunities in the Software, Information Technology/Services, Telecommunication, and Aviation markets.
- Clients included small and large businesses such Cylab, The Centech Group, Novel, GE Aerospace, and Honeywell Aerospace.
- Developed strategic, market and sales plans that mapped to a client company’s core competencies, strategic plan, and mission.
- Initiated long-range strategic, marketing and business planning objectives to expand the client’s companies in the Telecommunication and Information Technology/Services market.
- Developed and implemented a Capture Plan, Service Pack, and Implementation Plan for the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 to capture market share for the Novell Certificate Login solution.
- Initiated teaming discussion between Perot Systems and Novell Inc. to capture market share in Health Care by pursuing VA, VISTA and Clinical Workstation opportunities.
- Developed teaming strategies with major companies such as Lockheed Martin, WAMNET, MegaTech, EDS, BAH, IQ Solutions, CA, CACI, NCI, Iron Mountain, Aspen System, Northrop Grumman, Keane Federal, Dell, GTSI, SRC, RSIS, and Oberon Associates.
- Developed Pipeline and Capture Plans for Cylab Inc. and The Centech Group to pursue USAF, USN, USMC, DOT, FAA, SSA, VA, DOC, FBI and NASA opportunities.
- Provided proposals, quotes and RFPs, RFQs RFIs and Sources Sought for: Novel; GE Aviation’s (formerly Smiths Aerospace) US, UK and Asia Pacific divisions; and Honeywell Aerospace’s Defense and Space.
- Contracts won include Delta, Volvo, Frontier, Northwest Airlines, South West Airlines, United, Hawker Beechcraft, Continental, Aerolineas, Fedex, ExpressJet, VA GITSS, DOC COMMITS NEXGEN, SSA ITS, FAA BITS II, and USN ONR MATOC contracts.
Computer Associates (1999 to 2003)
SVP/Area Manager – Responsible for the P&L of a $48 M worldwide Federal Professional Services division. Duties entailed meeting/exceeding the company’s revenue and profit goals as well as managing the services and supporting the sales organization for the identification, qualification and capture of new Enterprise Management, Security, Application Life Cycle, Storage, Database Management & Application Development, and Portal & Business Intelligence opportunities for DoD and Federal Civilian agencies.
- Produced a 20% year over year revenue growth with profits of 18%.
- Reviewed, negotiated, and approved all contractual documentation with respect to RFP, SOW, Agreements and Purchase Orders from Channel Partners, Strategic Partners and Clients.
- Met with clients to address business requirements by proposing Gap Analysis and Road Map solutions.
- Captured over $25 Million a year in new business from Federal and DoD agencies such as USPS, DMC, MSC, APG, DISA, SSA, USPS, FTA, FAA, GSA, VA, FDIC, Customs, INS, USCG, FBI, OPM and PBGC.
- Contracts won include OPM ITS, USN MSC Support Services, Treasury FMS Programming Services, DHS USCS DBA Support Services, and DISA Support Services.
Computer Resource Management (1995 to 1999)
President – Responsible for reversing a 5-year decline of the Small Disadvantage IT Business. Grew revenue from $5 to $15 Million with a 15% profit margin and capture ratio of over a 50% on new contracts. Duties entailed Executive Management and P&L responsibilities as well as directing and managing the Business Development and Capture of Enterprise and Information Management opportunities from DoD and Civilian Federal clients.
RMS Technologies, Inc. (1990 to 1995)
Vice President – Responsible for the profit and growth of a Small Disadvantage Washington Operations Center by functioning as the Division Director, Capture and Business Development Manager for engineering, telecommunication, and ADP solutions to Federal agencies such as the FAA, DISA and TSC.
Raytheon (1981 to 1990)
Operations/Deputy Program Manager – Duties entailed functioning as the Program, Capture and Business Development Mgr for new FAA opportunities such as TDWR, NEXRAD and TSSC.
Top Secret – Active
USMC and USN
COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY
Nova Southeastern University
ScD Information Systems (Candidate) – Database Management, Relational Databases, Data Analysis, MIS Policy Formulation, and Research & Statistics
MS Computer Science
Fitchburg State College
BS Electrical Engineering
Raytheon – Program Management, Harvard Executive Management Development, Engineering Management, and Proposal Development.
RMS – Telecommunications, Best Value Procurement, Root Cause Analysis, CECOR, Interviewing and Hiring, Shipley Proposal Process, Green Belt Certification, and TQM.
American Express – Maximizing Indirect Cost Recovery and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Computer Associates – Leading Successfully @ CA, Target Account Selling (TAS), Quality Management System (QMS), Engagement Management Model (EMM) and Project Management Model (PMM).